Each of us has a passion within our Kiwanis service. My passion happens to be the Foundations of the District and Kiwanis International, specifically, the Kiwanis Cal-Nev-Ha Foundation and the Kiwanis Children’s Fund.
We join Kiwanis clubs because together we can have a greater impact on the communities we serve. When you support the District and International Foundations, you are able to have an impact far greater than that of a single Kiwanis club.
When you give to the Kiwanis Cal-Nev-Ha Foundation, you prevent trauma through their innovative Pediatric Trauma Program; you empower youth through their scholarship and leadership training programs; and you transform children’s lives through their grant programs.
Simply stated, my focus supports Governor Rocci’s goals as follows:
- At least one club in each division will apply for a club grant from the Kiwanis Cal-Nev-Ha Foundation or the Kiwanis Children’s Fund;
- A combined total of 250 Dunlap Fellowship, Hixson or Zeller awards to be presented;
- 50% of clubs participate in the Annual Gift Campaign to either the Kiwanis Cal-Nev-Ha Foundation or the Kiwanis Children’s Fund;
- 500 combined Community Service Awards (CSA’s) and Distinguished Service Awards (DSA’s) to be presented; and
- Eliminate the gap of the Eliminate/MNT Project.
The First Lady’s Pin, #KIDSNEEDKIWANIS, reflects what each one of us replies when we are asked, “Why are you a member of Kiwanis?” The First Lady’s Pin is available for a $5 donation, and club banner patches are available for a donation of $150 or more. Click on the link below for an order form.
I hope each club will join me in supporting our Foundations financially and by taking advantage of their grant programs, and by doing so build a better future for our children.