A Word from Marsha Gray, 2020-2021 First Lady
Each of us have a passion within our Kiwanis service. My passion happens to be the Foundations of the District and Kiwanis International, specifically, the Cal-Nev-Ha Children’s Fund and the Kiwanis Children’s Fund.
We join Kiwanis clubs because together we can have a greater impact on the communities we serve. When you support the District and International Foundations, you create an impact far greater than that of a single Kiwanis club.
When you give to the Cal-Nev-Ha Children’s Fund, you empower youth through their scholarship and leadership training programs; you prevent trauma through their innovative Pediatric Trauma Program; and you transform children’s lives through their grant programs. Learn more at www.cnhfoundation.org.
A gift to the Kiwanis Children’s Fund helps children in many places, in many ways. For the Kiwanis family, the Children’s Fund is a way of reaching children through grants, scholarship programs and Kiwanis youth programs. Learn more at https://www2.kiwanis.org/childrensfund.
Simply stated, my project supports Governor Gary’s goals as follows:
- Each club in the division will award at least one (1) Community Service Award, Distinguished Service Award, or Youth Service Award;
- 50% of the clubs in each division will make a gift of at least $200 towards the YES! Initiative;
- At least one club in each division will award one (1) Dunlap Fellowship, Hixson or Zeller award;
- 50% of clubs in each division will participate in the annual gift campaign with a gift of at least $10 per member to either the Cal-Nev-Ha Children’s Fund or the Kiwanis Children’s Fund;
- At least one club in each division will apply for a Club or Pediatric Trauma Program grant from the Cal-Nev-Ha Children’s Fund;
- Each club will complete their pledge to the Eliminate/MNT Project; and
- 50% of the clubs in each division will donate $200 towards the First Lady’s Project and earn a banner patch.
I hope each club will join me in supporting our Foundations financially and by taking advantage of the grant programs offered by the Cal-Nev-Ha Children’s Fund.