Changing Children’s Lives
Pediatric Trauma remains the leading cause of death and injury among children ages 14 and under in the United States.
The mission of our Pediatric Trauma Program (PTP) is to develop local projects which will reduce the number of children in our three-state District who are killed or injured by trauma, ensuring all children live happy, healthy and safe lives.
The Cal-Nev-Ha Children’s Fund takes a holistic approach to meet our mission:
- We work to prevent pediatric trauma by providing community outreach, education and materials to children and families living in the communities we share;
- We utilize the knowledge and expertise of our partner hospitals to identify projects the Kiwanis family can undertake to address the issue of Pediatric Trauma; and
- We improve the outcomes for children who experience pediatric trauma by providing grants to our partner hospitals, which enable them to reach out to their communities with educational materials, safety equipment and information on childhood trauma prevention; offer advanced pediatric training for doctors, nurses and first responders; and purchase specialized pediatric medical equipment.
All of this is only possible due to the generous support of our clubs and members.
When you make a contribution to PTP, you…
- provide grants to our partner hospitals, enabling them to create or expand community outreach programs;
- provide grants to Kiwanis and SLP clubs, enabling them to help more children in more communities; and
- you provide PTP safety items, which are available for purchase by our Kiwanis family at a subsidized cost.